Join now - be part of our community!

Sharing media from Sony phone to Sony TV problem

profile.country.CZ.title
SonyUserCZ

Sharing media from Sony phone to Sony TV problem

Hello,

I'm trying to share photos and videos from Xperia 5 II (Android 11 with last updates) to Bravia KD-49XE700 (Linux TV with last updates), but the phone doesn't see the TV . Screen mirroring works without problems and if I take another phone (I tried the Galaxy A50 and Xperia XZ Premium both with Android 9) then they both see the TV and sharing works. I also tried the PC and also without any problems, but 5 II nothing 😞

I did a factory reset on the TV and the phone too, but it didn't help.

Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.ES.title
HAL9000z
Expert

Maybe it's a problem incompatibility between android 11 and your tv. Let's see if some user has got the same phone and tv and they comment this post.
If you don't get any solution you can put a chromecast to the tv and stream media to it...
profile.country.ES.title
HAL9000z
Expert

Also you can try to stream through the "google home app", maybe it works!
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

What's the method that you use to share photos and videos to your TV ?

profile.country.CZ.title
SonyUserCZ

Hi,

I use Cast function. When viewing photos for example, an icon will appear in the upper right corner, which will show the devices connected to the network to which I can send media. 

I have two TVs on the same network that support this (Sony I wrote about and Philips with Android). When I take the Xperia 5 II and Xperia XZ premium, so both phones show Cast icon but the XZ premium sees both TVs and 5 II only Philips TV.

I tried to connect to the TV using DIRECT WiFi and nothing..the problem is the same. Works only screen mirroring with this phone, but it is not ideal if you don't want to show your screen to people ..:-(

profile.country.ES.title
HAL9000z
Expert

Hace hoy tried with the Google home app?
profile.country.ES.title
HAL9000z
Expert

*have you
profile.country.CZ.title
SonyUserCZ

I have now tested Google Home and problem is exactly the same 😞

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

This cast function is built in the Album app on the device, or you're using a 3rd party app to do that?

profile.country.CZ.title
SonyUserCZ

Capture.PNG

Cast is a function built into Android. If you have a Smart TV and an Android phone, you can test it yourself 🙂 Works in the Album app and also in all other photo and video applications. I have been using this function for years with a smart TVs.