Join now - be part of our community!

Syncing Data to Xperia Phone

profile.country.GB.title
sush1990
New

Syncing Data to Xperia Phone

Hi,

I have always had Sony phones, but I have found over the last year or so, that when I try and connect my Sony  it phone to my laptop and try to sync music it does mot seem to work. I try to organise playlists which appear empty.

I have historically used MediaGo, but this has now been phased out.

Does anyone else have this problem when trying to add music to your phone? 

And does anyone have any app suggestions on which is best to use if not MediaGo?

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @sush1990 

have you tried this one? https://musiccenter.sony.net/en/?j-short=smc4pc

profile.country.GB.title
sush1990
New

Hi,

Yes I have downloaded that and have put all my songs and playlists on it - however when I plug in my Xperia phone, the app doesn't seem to pick up the phone which is weird. I allow all access but it still doesn't want to locate the phone

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

@sush1990 

try to connect the device using the original USB cable. once you connect the device wait for the notification on the device.

profile.country.GB.title
sush1990
New

yes I have done that, I know it works because when I connect the phone the Sony Xperia Companion app opens up and recognises the phone. However, the music centre does not which is strange. 

Perhaps there may be another way to transfer all the songs and playlists, or through a different app?

I've always loved Sony products, and they used to be a lot more user friendly with stuff like this. I remember having the original Walkman phones. they were brilliant! But lately, I'm sad to say, the quality of Sony phone just doesn't compare anymore 😞

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe that the user guide of the device has the information for the available ways to transfer music from the PC to your phone, you can find the user guide of your device on the online support website.