Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to clear phone notifications

SOLVED
CJ76
Visitor

Unable to clear phone notifications

My phone (Xperia 5)  notifications are turned on all times. I am unable to clear it. Doesn't affect the performance but a bit annoying. I have restarted the phone and turned the notifications off and on but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. 

71 REPLIES 71
Hondor
Visitor

Same problem yet after last update from 25 October!!!

roerisigold
Visitor

After updating the Google Phone application to version 40, the number of missed call notifications is always enchanted, it never gets lost, it is resolved only by returning to the previous version.

Cert
Visitor

Had my missed call dot for so long now. I have forced stop cleared everything refreshed updated and restarted but no luck. 

This is really annoying me now! 

Please sort it Xperia 5! 

SirRune
Visitor

I just bought the new Xperia 5.
I have tried many things, BUT it still keeps showing the amount of missed calls...
Any ideas?!

Jonas
Master

Hello again everyone and I'm sorry for the late reply, I was out of office due to sickness.

During my time out of office I received some new information and the unexpected behaviour with the missed called notification.

The unexpected behaviour is planned to be fixed in a future update of the Google Phone app with estimated roll out start date 25th of November 2019. The roll out will continue until early December.

Thanks again for all the reports and thank you for your patience.

Jonas
Master

Hi @roerisigold, sorry to hear about this.

Please take a look at my post on the link below for further information.

/t5/Xperia-5/Unable-to-clear-phone-notifications/m-p/1393969#M402

Jonas
Master

Hi @SirRune,

I saw that you made this post in the Xperia Z5-series board so I moved it the Xperia 5 thread about this instead. This way you will have the latest information about the unexpected behaviour! Slightly_smiling_Face

For more information about this, please take a look at the link below.

/t5/Xperia-5/Unable-to-clear-phone-notifications/m-p/1393969#M402 

It is currently being investigated and will hopefully be solved very soon! Slightly_smiling_Face

CTXPERIA5
Visitor

Hello,

Despite having viewed the call log, the missed call notification will not clear from the icon on the desktop.

Can you please help ?

CT.

Jonas
Master

Hi @CTXPERIA5, sorry to hear that.

I merged your post to this thread so it's easier for you to keep track of any updates. The latest status is that this is currently being investigated and is planned to be fixed in a coming update.

As soon as I know more about this, I'll update everyone! Slightly_smiling_Face

Ryan131
Visitor

This is the best thing to put people off sony, such a small thing yet so annoying.. really shows the quality of these new Sony phones.. utter