Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 Fingerprint Problems

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 Fingerprint Problems

Hello

I currently have Xperia 5, I was just wondering if any of yous still have problems with the Fingerprint sensor.

the FPS was working flawlessly before the update to android 10. then the Jan security patch completely broke it. as with latest security update it become more manageable, able to get the phone unlocked 3 out 5 times in one try...

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony Mobile support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

hey bud can you try the following?

On every firmware update I undertake the following:

1: Delete all registered fingerprints

2: Register your fingerprint again however USE DIFFERING PARTS of the same finger.

3: Register the same finger AGAIN as a new entry into the phone's database.

Dont try to use the FPR with sweaty or damp hands.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
PodgePapin

Hi, I too am having trouble with the fps. Like you up until recently it worked great but now it hardly works at all. I've cleaned the sensor, washed my hands, deleted the print and when I add it again most of the time it fails to detect a clear take. It is annoying because of how good it was before.

profile.country.GB.title
mariusmmcc
Explorer

I have deleted all the fingerprints registered and register the new fingerprint for the same finger from multiple positions. It works immediately after registering but later it fails 80% of the time.  If it fails at the first attempt then no matter how I position my finger it will not recognise the fingerprint. The FPS was working fine before Android 10 update. It so frustrating that I am thinking returning the phone and switch to a different brand even though I had only Sony phones for the last 10 years.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

I saw this earlier on XDA and on Reddit:

9v7a69eri7s41.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
PodgePapin

Hi, the only thing left for me to try was do a factory reset on my Xperia 1.

I did this and the fps is working a lot better, I'm not sure if it's fully back to normal but it is working far better than it has been lately.

profile.country.GB.title
dasmall22
New

Mine stopped working completely after the last software update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@dasmall22 

My Xperia 1 has been like that for many many months and updates now, even after factory reset and everything I can think of. 

You might want to contact Sony to get it inspected, perhaps you and I have a hardware issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
DarrenH68
Explorer

Mine just about works 1 in 10 times. The last update has really messed it
up. I'm now thinking of getting a Pixel 4a and selling it it's that bad. 

It also locks up when browsing via WiFi. I have to turn WiFi off and browse via 4g.