Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 ii poor signal

Captain73
New

Xperia 5 ii poor signal

Long term Xperia customer, recent 5 ii upgrade; UK on EE.

Signal is poor a lot of the time. Also frequently even when signal ok, callers can't hear my speech, can take several attempts to solve (restarting a call). Aware EE still rolling out 5G but I'm talking regular calls, 4G etc.

Fully up-to-date, no issues reported via EE service status, they categorise the handset as very good - excellent re connectivity.

Getting quite frustrated - frequently can't use this thing as an actual mobile phone!!

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Are you experiencing the same behaviour in Safe Mode?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You can try also to clear cache and data and force stop the phone app and check again.

samdnb
New

I'm glad you mentioned this. I've now had two separate phones. One on Vodafone and one on ID mobile. Now I don't get great signal at home on either of those networks. However both sim cards used in my pixel 3 work perfectly with and without WiFi calling turned on. Yet in the Xperia 5 ii the call stays connected and I can hear other people yet I seem to drop out with them and constantly have to repeat myself. I love this phone but yet it just doesn't seem to work as a mobile. I was just about to send it back and order it on EE as I know I get good signal at home it's just a lot more expensive. How have you been getting on? Will have to just give up and get pixel 5 if it's a problem on EE as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Robbo9981
New

I had no signal issues on voice issues on my £129 Huawei device for two full years, just got this £700 device and last few days have issues with people hearing me on voice calls, does Sony know about this issue, as this phone has been available for almost a year now.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Does that happen with all of the calls ?

And can you try to test your SIM card in other device and check if the same thing will happen or not ?

profile.country.GB.title
VladimirArtur
Explorer

Hi! This signal problem of sony phones must be solved as soon as possible. I have a sony xperia 10 for 1 and a half year now. And after half a year it started to lose signal for some minutes than it recovers. It happens now like 10 Times a day. And the bigger problem is that wifi and Bluetooth is not working at all. I am struggling with this phone because i cant afford another one now. Sony please change something in this phone to make it work, în all of them, xperia 1 ii, 5 ii, 10  and so on.. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @VladimirArtur 

- Did you test in safe mode?

- Is it just @home or everywhere.

- @home a reboot or even a factory reset of your modem can clear the air.

- A factory reset of your device can be helpfull as well.

- A small step to test might be Network reset settings-> System->reset options- Reset network settings. 

I don't think reset network will change things but try it, you never know.

In general computers tend to work better after resetting/fresh install. 

This applies to Windows, Linux & other systems.

profile.country.GB.title
VladimirArtur
Explorer

Hi, It happens everywhere, even if i change the sim card .

I factory reset  the phone, i updated the software two times to the latest version. I restart my  xperia 10 one time a day because it loses signal on 4G and after restart its working for some minutes and so on and so on.. wifi is working only like 10 minutes after the restart and after it doesn t work at all. i think it might be a hardware problem. And i can see there are a lot of people complaining about poor signal and losing signal.. sony should be aware of this and i hope they will not have the same problem in their xperia 1 mark 3.. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Did you try to contact Sony to have your device repaired as i do think this is a hardware issue ?