Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 II - support

profile.country.RU.title
8oldemar
New

Xperia 5 II - support

Hello! Why is Xperia 5 II support so bad?

There is a fingerprint scanner, which is now again built into the power button, but the scanner works immediately, as soon as you touch it. Very uncomfortable. Especially if you accidentally touch it - and thus exhaust the number of unlock attempts...

Why does One-handed mode only work when the screen is on? One has only to turn the smartphone to landscape orientation and the interface becomes full screen again. OK, but if you switch back to portrait orientation, the mode won't switch back. This mode is also cleared when you lock the screen. You have to constantly make complex gestures...

The developer.sony.com site does not have this model to get the code (to unlock the bootloader). Because of this, even getting superuser rights is not possible to try to solve the two problems above.

Why?.. :(((

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @8oldemar 

The FP, I wish FP of Xperia 1 was as reactive as that on Xperia 1 II and Xperia 5 II.

Why does One-handed mode only work when the screen is on? One has only to turn the smartphone to landscape orientation and the interface becomes full screen again. OK, but if you switch back to portrait orientation, the mode won't switch back. This mode is also cleared when you lock the screen. You have to constantly make complex gestures...

I don't use One-handed mode, tested and on my Xperia 1 same behaviour.

Do you know of other devices (brands?) that act like you wish?

profile.country.RU.title
8oldemar
New

Hi, @Strampke !

I do not understand what other devices have to do with it, but I believe that making a fingerprint reading when a button is pressed (at least giving the user a choice of an unlocking method), as well as returning the interface scale, is not difficult. 🙂