Join now - be part of our community!

xperia 5 II turns off

profile.country.GB.title
Deadlyman
Explorer

xperia 5 II turns off

hi i recieved my phone yesterday i setup everything and leave(locked) the phone after for couple of minutes and when i picked up the device i realised its swiched off i try to swich on doesnt work i plug in to a charge nothing not even screen battery was 76%when i left it then i text the live support in the website they told me to press volume up and power on button together and it work than i realised when i leave the phone alone display turns off its switches off all the time i take the sim card off and try again was the same i try to sofware repair from pc gives me error all the time when its about to finish the repair i try couple of times same result then i install xperia companion to another pc same result tryed in safe mode same nothing help now i book repair but phone i recieve yesterday has no warranty in the booking can someone try to help with something im gonna appreciate

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

In Xperia Companion do software repair and tick: Phone not recognised or is a smartwatch.

Before you do: Leave SD card and SIM out and test in Safe Mode.

The howtos can be found in the Support app on your device.

profile.country.GB.title
Deadlyman
Explorer

i try without sim card in safe mode still xperia companion gives me error when the repair is about to finish and phone still the same doesnt swich off when im using it everything works very well but when leave the phone swiches off 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

" i try without sim card in safe mode still xperia companion gives me error when the repair is about to finish"

I am reading

" i try without sim card in safe mode"  - conclusion, the device switches off anyway, even after a restart in safe mode

"xperia companion gives me error when the repair is about to finish" - conclusion, it is the same when you tick ' device cannot be recognised or is a smartwatch', the repair will not finish.

Is that correct?

profile.country.GB.title
Deadlyman
Explorer

yes i try everything i can do with xperia companion, also i delete and reinstall agan xperia companion same results nothing help but from the phone everything is deleted after the process

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Then wait till monday, open the Support app on your phone, find howto contact local support and ask for help.

How come the phone has no warranty?