Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114
profile.country.GB.title
liketv

Following on from this, do you think that it's possible to somehow agree that we all use the same thread?  It's exhausting tring to keep up with all the different threads (at least 6 of them) and the AV Forums !

queenfnaar
Explorer

see https://at800.tv/faq/will-4g-masts-affect-freeview-in-my-area/ for areas affected.  sheffield is on the list!

Alexander-C

mikejo01 - could you post a link to the pages you mentioned on the AVForums please? Thanks.

Alexander-C

Ah, nevermind, found it myself. Link below if anyone else is interested.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-recorders/1795677-sony-870-all-sony-hxd-some-pioneers-dvd...

profile.country.en_GB.title
niwilfo
Explorer

The France option has at least enabled the stations to be retuned but has left the system in Guide plus mode. Prior to this I had looked at the firmware update as my recorded had locked in update and noted that my recorder shows version 1.15 Syscon Release 348. I had noted the following on the sony site "RDR-HXD790 / 795 /890 / 895 / 990 / 995 / 1090 / 1095  as sold in all countries have a problem that  Digital channel disappear . In order to resolve this issue, we have provided a firmware update to version  1.24 ." when I tried to use this it stopped after about a couple of seconds. I just hope it doesnt take a long to fix as the last sony problem I had took

MagRMagR
Explorer

Re message yesterday saying Sony aware and we will update you.

THAT WAS YESTERDAY - PLEASE CAN YOU UPDATE US AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING TODAY - OTHERWISE WE WILL BE FORCED TO ASSUME THAT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!

Sharks
Explorer

Last night I was able to retrieve an already recorded programme. However, when I tried to set up another programme for recording, the EPG (looking different to normal) appeared on the screen for 2 seconds and then the screen went blank.
This morning the device would not switch on and 'updating' appears in the display window and is still there some hours later.
Any advice gratefully received.
Traceyk1968
Explorer

Hi All,

I too am 'pleased' that i am not the only only ine with a stuck update recorder.

I have tried the rescan on France, but i still have no channels. It seems to have worked for most people on this forum but not me. Any other suggestions until Sony release the fix?

I have exactly the same experience

Interesting that Sony required me to tick acceptance of a disclaimer before I could download the "fix".....

They really need to sort this problem out pronto....the notion of compensation even for a period of non-usabilty is certainly figuring in my thinking, apart from Sony`s responsibility to fix the problem at their cost

Laurie

Traceyk1968
Explorer

i have tried retuning to belgium and this worked. Only for channels though, did default to Guide plus, but at least i will be able to record this evening.