Join now - be part of our community!

DSC RX10-IV

profile.country.GB.title
wallsofworcester
New

DSC RX10-IV

Hi - Hopefully this is the correct board! I have a problem when using my DSC RX10-IV to photograph aircraft. With the camera on continuous focus, centre focus, shutter speed circa 1/1000 and on 600mm, the image can disappear, showing only clouds. To get the plane back in-screen, I have to bring it down to 300mm or so, when the image suddenly reappears. Obviously, I am missing shots because of the nuisance of having to refocus, and also the images are smaller because they keep on disappearing at full zoom. What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

Some of the shooting tips here may prove useful for you. Have a look around those pages for some other useful photography ideas. We hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
wallsofworcester
New

Thanks for your link. I'll check it out. I took my DSC RX10 IV, and my Alpha 77 to Fairford last Sunday. I got some great shots using both cameras, but I found that I had to resort to the Alpha 77 whenever I was taking at full zoom. The DSC RX10 would invariably lose the subject at 500mm-600mm and I would be left looking at sky background only. I then had to switch to the Alpha 77 to get full zoom shots. I'm not sure I can trust the DSC if I can't resolve this problem.