Join now - be part of our community!

Failed update for RM-LVR2V from version 1.0 to 2.0

profile.country.GB.title
RiverTom
New

Failed update for RM-LVR2V from version 1.0 to 2.0

I attempted to update my RM-LVR2V from version 1.0 to 2.0.  It appeared to be working, so I walked away.

When I returned it appeared to be completed, i.e. the green progress bar had disappeared and the Finish button was hot. So I clicked it.

Then nothing. The RM-LVR2V device screen was dark, the small red light to the lower right of the Rec/Enter button was lit and there were no indications that anything was going on. So I removed the USB cable and pressed the power button. Nothing.

It would not turn on, and the red record light stayed lit. I pressed the power button again the red record light remained on.

What can I do to reset it?

How do I begin an online chat with a Sony Tech Rep?.  I cannot find any way to begin one.

To be fair, it is not that Sony is being less than responsive or uncooperative. I just cannot find a way to talk, text, email, or chat with them on their website.

Any links to “Contact Us” lead me in circles, but never to an actual email dialog box or chat dialog box.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @RiverTom,

I escalated your issue to the Sony Support.

You should get a reply shortly.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
RiverTom
New

Thank you. That is very helpful.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @RiverTom,

I got this reply from the Sony support:

The customer can use the informtion on the Contact Us page, either using our contact number ( +44 (0) 2073652810 Opening hours:Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00.) or he can fill in the the online contact form and he'll be contacted via e-mail.

Regarding his remote, he can try to reset it using the soft reset button located under the connector cover. The customer can use the following link to locate the button: http://bit.ly/2Ey6iQb.

If the remote is still not functioning and it will need either service or to be replaced but it depends on how the customer got the remote control:

1- If it was supplied as an accessory with his action cam it should be sent to the service centre along with a copy of the camera's invoice to confirm warranty status. The customer can use this link to contact the Sony centre: http://bit.ly/2byAqx1.

2- If he bought it separately -not supplied with action cam- it will be treated as in-warranty exchange product which means the customer can refer back to the retailer and ask for a replacement provided that he has the invoice to proof warranty status.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Batikh

- Nic