karkalos314
Explorer

T

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @karkalos314,

did you link the correct video?

For me the video you linked doesn't look any better than any of my timelapses shot with my FDR X3000.

The bushes in the lower right are not sharp in any way and the video has many compression artifacts.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
karkalos314
Explorer

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @karkalos314,

@karkalos314 schrieb:

but please do yourself a favor and give 10-20Euros to buy a 2010 mobile phone (Any phone).

You will be amazed by the image quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhq80bMCVWY

well, okay. However, here's a short excerpt from my time lapse video (the one I've mentioned earlier). Actually I was wrong in saying that I produced it in 4K. Instead I've produced a FullHD version only. Anyhow, here it is:

Cheers,

darkframe (who's going to have some sleep now)

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@karkalos314 schrieb:

Sorry mate @IamNic,

I didn't mean to offend you. 

Why should I be offended!? :dizzy:

I just wanted to point out, that the video you linked doesn't show any advantage over the FDR X3000 whatsoever, even though the phone probably shot 12MPx still images instead of the 8MPx still images the FDR X3000 shoots.

Also the timelapse was shot in bright daylight, which are the best conditions for any camera sensor - yet the performance is rather weak (compared to the timelapse I linked which starts way before sunrise and ends shortly after).

If you though want to return your FDR X3000 and get a used smartphone from 2010 instead - go ahead - I am not stopping you :wink:

- Nic