Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-X3000 VCT-AM1 replacment sticky pads

profile.country.GB.title
Murray_mint
Explorer

FDR-X3000 VCT-AM1 replacment sticky pads

Hi Guys,

so im looking for a replacement for the sticky pads on the VCT-AM1 mounts, has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Murray Mint

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Murray_mint,

since those adhesive pads are single use only (by the nature of the adhesive), I generally purchase new pads when I e.g. purchase a new helmet.

You may use the grey double sided tape by 3M, since that is the same adhesive than used on the mounts by default.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Murray_mint
Explorer

Great answer Nic and you touch on what im looking for. You mention the 3M tape but finding the right stuff is proving a problem. I have seen that GoPro suggest using 3M 4991 VHB but getting hold of this material in the size of the Sony mount is a problem, what do you use instead?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Purchase-Adhesive-Material-for-Mounts

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Murray_mint,

I use a roll of tape and use two strips next to each other (which covers the width of the adhesive pad) - but then again, you never get the adhesive to adhere to the pad itself as it does when you purchase a new mount - that is why I suggest to rather purchase new adhesive mounts instead of just replacing the adhesive.

- Nic