Join now - be part of our community!

Flying youtubes

profile.country.CA.title
wklatt

Flying youtubes

I mount several Sony action cams externally on my floatplane to capture video of some of my fav back country destinations. Most of these are within 1/2 hour flight from my home airport, and only accessible by floatplane. I am not a pro, but do it more for myself and friends to record the experience. But also like to share with others that might have common interests. Here is a recent flight that I took a friend out to visit. This lake changes color depending on the season. This was end of Sept, so still lots of glacial silt to give it that azure colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuDy3JAHgc&t=3s

Change youtube settings to 1080p and go full screen for best viewing. The cameras used are:

AS30 - side view from left wing

AS50 - right wing

X1000 - left float front

I used Action Cam Movie Creator to read in the files from the cameras, and capture the GPS. Then used Windows Movie Maker for the editing and final rendering. Like I said, not very professional but simple and quick to use (and free).

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @wklatt and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Great video!

Thanks for sharing :trophy:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Awesome video :slight_smile:

profile.country.CA.title
wklatt

Here's another one, from last year, and using the AZ1 instead of the AS50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKNzHx3GDso&t=1s

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi Walter,

I hope I can someday visit you and fly over that beautiful landscape :astonished:

It is truly breathtaking :rainbow:

Did you know, that you can embed videos directly into your post by clicking on the video icon in the top-bar when submitting a post?

video_embedded.JPG

That way people can play the videos directly here on the site.

- Nic

profile.country.CA.title
wklatt

Yes, Vancouver is a popular tourist destination. Great skiing in the winter at Whistler, too. If you ever make it out this way, be sure to let me know.

And will have to try and remember to use that vidoe imbed option next time. Thanks.