Join now - be part of our community!

How to delete video on Sony Actioncam HDR-AS15 ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Toongahra
Visitor

How to delete video on Sony Actioncam HDR-AS15 ?

How do you delete videos on the SONY actioncam HDR-AS15? There is no obvious functionality to do this on the Actioncam itself, I cant findhow to do this with the Playmemories software, and looking at the files on the drive I am scared I will crash the microSDcard? I am sure there is an easy answer I am missing - but in the absence of this being clear in the Product Manual I would be very grateful for assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome

Since the cam does not have a screen the only way to do it is via a PC ie via My Computer. This way you can delete one clip at a time.

If you are to do it via Play Memories Home, you would need to import the footage over but you are right, no delete function since it is more of an import/upload tool. I would then go down the route of formatting the card providing you have it specifically for the Action Cam itself giving you as much space as possible for your next use.

Using this alongside the GoPro range, they function pretty much the same where in order to delete, you need the use of a computer which I would say is a decent trade off for the size.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome

Since the cam does not have a screen the only way to do it is via a PC ie via My Computer. This way you can delete one clip at a time.

If you are to do it via Play Memories Home, you would need to import the footage over but you are right, no delete function since it is more of an import/upload tool. I would then go down the route of formatting the card providing you have it specifically for the Action Cam itself giving you as much space as possible for your next use.

Using this alongside the GoPro range, they function pretty much the same where in order to delete, you need the use of a computer which I would say is a decent trade off for the size.

Hope that helps.

profile.country.IT.title
ED_USER
Explorer

Now Sony has released AKALU1.CE and can view records on the screen. Why Sony does not have a delete function in the menu? Sony, can enter a delete function in the menu?

Thank you in advance