Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories not working on Chromebook

Coloneluk
New

PlayMemories not working on Chromebook

I am trying to connect my two AS200v Action cameras to my new ASUS C302 chromebook via PlayMemories app, but they are both not recognised by the wifi???

I can see the camera wifi signal on the chromebook wifi options but cannot get it to pair. They both work perfectly with my previous ASUS transformer tablet and my current android phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi ColonelUK,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'm looking into this for you and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi Coloneluk,

Having checked further on this-this we learned that your Action Cam can only connect to Windows or Mac PCs.

The PlayMemories Mobile app on your Chromebook is not guaranteed to connect to your Action Cam as it's designed to connect to the app when it's installed on iOS and Android platforms whereas your Chromebook runs on Chrome OS which is Linux-based.

There are two programmes that you can use with your Action Cam on Windows and Mac PCs:

PlayMemories Home which you can use to import media,  manage your media library and edit movies and pictures. More info at this link: https://bit.ly/2CpEP5M

Action Cam Action Cam Movie Creator which is more tailored to Action Cams and can help you create impressive videos easily. More info at this link: https://bit.ly/2H0EyJD.

Let me know if you needed more help.

Batee5.

The question is about Chromebook, the answer was about Windows/Mac. 

This is a plagued issue with many Chromebook users, nowhere ever provides a solution including SONY's official site. Sigh. 

profile.country.GB.title
SennaIII
New

I want a definitive answer please from Sony. I have not been able to upload photos and videos from my A57 camera since changing from a Windows PC to a Chromebook. I have added an extension for Chromebook as this is indicated to be a requirement but still no success.

Does PlayMemories work with Linux? If not, why not and when are Sony going to develop it to be compatible?