Join now - be part of our community!

sony action cam = as helicopter backview camera

profile.country.en_LV.title
feris111
Visitor

sony action cam = as helicopter backview camera

Hi, i have bought sony action cam (wifi) and it loks perfect to use it on helicopter as a backview camera .

It has a minimal lag when transfering video to my asus infinity tablet using playmemories app.

But - i have two problems :

1. i need to have a mirrored video signal to understand where is right and left side while piloting..

2. i need the camera to switch on by itself ond turn on wifi when the powr cable is attached ( the only cable

what i can attach to camera is the power one. I am not allowed by my mechanic to have any hdmi or other

cables to be attached)

So = the question : is it possible to find someone from sony programmers to make a software changes in

in camera to get mirror image on playmemories app and to get camera power on by itself when power cable has been attached?

I am ready to pay for it (unles the calculated price will be logical)

Please send me an email - if you have any ideas how to get it done..

PS i am talking about a real helicopter = not a RC one...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there .

the latest Sony Action Cam models (HDR AS50, HDR AS300 and FDR X3000) have the option to be turned on/off via bluetooth.

PlayMemories Home doesn't allow mirroring of the image as far as I am concerned, yet there is an iOS-App, which should have this option called "FieldMonitor". It costs 20$.

I would ask the developer if there is a mirror option via email before buying if I were you though.

Maybe there is an app which simply mirrors your smartphones screen no matter which app is open, which would be a solution for your issue, too.

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there @feris111,

Sony just released a firmware version for the RM-LVR3 remote, which now supports mirror mode, so you can use it as a backview camera.

- Nic