Join now - be part of our community!

Sony x3000 & remote

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Sony x3000 & remote

Am learning all about my x3000 & the remote. One thing I find irritating is that the screen of the remote switches off after only a few seconds during a take. I knew about this in advance and how to switch it back on again, but is there any way this 'switch off time' can be set to a longer period or disabled altogether?

Thanks S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @SNOOPYREX.99,

this should be the menu entry on your remote which you're looking for. Well, that's valid for remote RM-LVR3 but should be similar/identical on other versions as well.

Oh, sorry, I didn't find the time for a video :wink:

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

yes there is a way to turn off auto-screen-shutdown.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Thanks Nic. You answered my question of course, but I think you tease me as I hoped you would explain. :grin:

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @SNOOPYREX.99,

I wish I were we home, yet I am not not u friday, so I am uable to shoot a video.

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @SNOOPYREX.99,

this should be the menu entry on your remote which you're looking for. Well, that's valid for remote RM-LVR3 but should be similar/identical on other versions as well.

Oh, sorry, I didn't find the time for a video :wink:

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

Thanks for that. Always simple when you know how. Put it down to my age again. :cool: S

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @SNOOPYREX.99,

@SNOOPYREX.99@  wrote:

Put it down to my age again. :cool: S

well, shall we start a battle about who of us two is the senior, shall we? :wink:

Okay, take this (only a first hint, I do remember earlier "events"):

I've seen Neil Armstrong when he left the Eagle for mankinds first steps on the moon, live on TV! Well, my mother had to wake me up of course...

Curious about your answer :smiley:

Cheers

darkframe

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@darkframe  schrieb:

I've seen Neil Armstrong when he left the Eagle for mankinds first steps on the moon, live on TV! #

That is impressive! :astonished:

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @IamNic,

@IamNic  wrote:

That is impressive! :astonished:

I can even remember the so-called "Prague Spring" and the invasion of Czechoslovakia by Russian troops... 

Cheers

darkframe

profile.country.GB.title
SNOOPYREX.99

I think you chaps should get some years of life in. Armstrong on the moon? I don’t recall much about that as I was going through my second divorce by then. Well, I jest of course! However, I can recall being with my parents listening to the wireless (called radio these days) when it was announced that Britain was at war with Germany. Bet you can’t even put a date to that! 

So you see, I am of an age, and you may wonder why an old fogie like me has acquired an Action Cam. My filming days go back to 8mm cine. My first proper video camera was a shoulder-mounted JCE SVHS that weighed a ton. Many cameras have passed since then. Currently, I have a Sony NX3 which is a handheld semi-pro model. As I grew older I found that its weight, and especially with its appropriate tripod, was becoming too much for easy location work. I then got a small Panasonic HC-X920. Fits into my palm and the picture quality just about as good as the Sony. However, the bigger Sony has so many advantages with larger manual controls plus a proper viewfinder that can be positioned at various angles. So important when the LCD screen can’t be easily seen in bright conditions. The Panasonic has a proper viewfinder but it’s a fixed position and thus can only be used with the camera at eye level and all the menus are on the screen. I’m getting older remember! Using either camera hand-held it’s far from easy to get non-shaky shots despite the technological advances. 

Reading the reviews of the Sony X3000 over a period of time and the excitement about its Optical SteadyShot for enhanced image stability’ I thought it might suit me as any form of walking shots with either of my cameras is certainly not on these days. So there we are as of today. Even smaller menus and minute printed instructions.

Just to answer your initial query – in a couple of weeks time I will be 85 and – luckily - most of my faculties are still intact and I’m regularly making videos of many styles, mainly limited by mobility issues. (My hand is much slower reaching for my wallet.) :yahoo: :innocent: :sob: S.