Join now - be part of our community!

Sponsorship

profile.country.GB.title
lukertanner
New

Sponsorship

To whom this may concern,

I am a 21 year old University Student at the University of Bristol, graduating this June. I have recently secured a job in New York City, starting in September, and therefore from June to September, I will be enjoying the time I have left productively and enjoyably.

I am writing this email with the hope to achieve a mutually beneficial agreement of some sorts. I am taking part in various adventurous activities from cycling 8 stages of the Tour de France for charity, to 6 weeks travelling through Vietnam, Burma, and Thailand. I appreciate you must get numerous emails to this respect, however, I believe that in the short time I have available between graduation and work, I will be operating along the lines of your action driven motto. I of course cannot ask directly for anything, however, having an action camera to accompany me would be hugely beneficial to capture everything I will be hoping to obtain. On behalf of the mutually beneficial agreement I previously stated, although somewhat tenuous and superfluous, for an already well established company, I will of course quote the Sony brand on Instagram throughout my posts, and however else you deem suitable.

To give you an idea of my schedule:

Between 6th - 14th July, I am cycling 8 stages of the Tour de France with Le Loop, an organised group charity ride, a week ahead of the professional riders. During this I am cycling 4 days in the ‘Middle Mountains’, and then cycling 4 days in the Pyrenees including the infamous Tourmalet (the oldest of all the tour climbs), on stage 14 of the official tour. In total I will be cycling 1,333km over the 8 days. Capturing some of the moments of the other cyclists as well as myself would be excellent. An action camera would give me the ability to film descents as well as other group riding which is near impossible to capture on a phone camera.

Between 16th July and 1st August – I am flying out to Ho Chi Minh City where I am travelling North to Hanoi over 2 weeks. During the two weeks I will be embracing what is on offer. During the time, I will be visiting the sand dunes near Mui Ne Hills, rent motorbikes in Hoi An where I will follow the Top Gear pass to Hue City, including some of our own diversions. When in Hue I will be visiting temples as well as the abandoned water park. After which I will head to Phong Nha, then Ninh Bimh to finish off in Hanoi. This plan is thus far a rough sketch, as I intend on taking on opportunities as they arise and not be restricted.

Between 1st - 11th August – I am meeting up with two other friends where we are travelling through Burma beginning in Yangon and heading North to Mandalay. During this short two weeks we will also be visiting temples, lakes, caves and whatever else we can fit in, in one of the more untouched countries in the world.

Between 11th August – 27th August – We are flying from Mandalay to Chiang Mai. Here we intend on spending some time with the elephants, and trying all the notoriously good Thai street food. We will also visit a few islands, taking boat trips, diving, snorkelling, cave swimming, rock jumping etc. The national parks, I have been informed, are exceptional. We will therefore be attempting to exploit all that is on offer in the large country and plentiful islands.

In sum, I believe that in the short time I have prior to committing my life to an office, I have this last guaranteed chance to enjoy a fraction of what there is to offer in South East Asia, and I would be delighted to receive some support in this adventure, starting from my 8 days non-stop cycling through some of the most stunning passes in France, to the vastly different landscape of Vietnam, Burma, and Thailand. I am writing to Sony as I believe the RX0 is the leading action camera, which has the best opportunity to capture some of the moments I will be enjoying. As stated, I would be delighted to do anything in light of advertising the products.

I am happy to send any supporting evidence of flights, or anything else you may be interested in regarding my tour or subsequent travels.

I look forward to receiving a response.

You can also reach me on: *************

Kindest Regards

Luke

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @lukertanner,

while your plans sound very interesting, I am not sure if this forum is the best place to post this - since this is a user-user forum I doubt any Sony-rep will see your post.

I sadly don't know which way would be best to get in contact with the right departement at Sony to ask for a sponsorship. :slight_frown:

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
lukertanner
New

Dear Nic,

I attempted to reply straight via email however, I am unsure that you received this. I appreciate and apologise that I have sent my inquiry to the wrong place, however, I was still wondering whether there is any chance that there is anyone you would know or forum to forward my request onto. I undertsand it is a long shot, however, having the ability for it to be read by someone who has any chance to act on it would be hugely appreciated.

Kind regards,

Luke Tanner

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @lukertanner 

Just to let you know I've removed your phone number from your original post

(for your own security. :slight_smile: )

Its never a good idea to post personal details on an open forum.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @jumpsuit,

thank you, I must have overlooked it.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
lukertanner
New

Dear Jumpy,

Thank you very much, when I initially posted, I was unaware it was an open forum.

I imagine you too are unaware of anyone who this can be forwarded onto?

Kind regards,

Luke Tanner