Join now - be part of our community!

Video Filenames for FDR-X1000V

Video Filenames for FDR-X1000V

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has a solution for this ? I currently use 2 FDR-X1000v Action Cams to film on my motorbike and i get great results. The problem i have is that the Cameras generate the file names for the videos in the same manner so that each camera starts with C0001.MP4 then C0002.MP4, C0003.MP4 and so on. When I copy these files up to the Edit machine they have to be kept in separate directories buy have to be renamed before i can grade or edit them. The effect of not renaming them is that ColorDirector sees them as duplicate files and incredulously deletes one of the original files...

What i would like to be able to do is to be able to change the prefix assigned by the camera from 'C' to something of my choice, say 'Helmet' or 'Bars' etc or even just a 'H' or 'B', just so the files are easily destinguishable as they enter the workflow.

Any ideas? can this prefix be altered? Is it a feature that could be added in future firmware releases?

thank you

GrabASalad

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there GrabASalad,

there is no way to change the prefix in-camera.

Also I assume renaming all the files is too annoying.

There surely are tools to rename multiple files in a directory at once - yet for the moment you could set one camera to record in MP4 and the other one in XAVC-S.

Sure one will have a lower quality (recording at 28Mbit/s instead of 50), yet it will also name the files as MAH00001 and so on.

I hope my answer was helpful.

- Nic