Join now - be part of our community!

35mm GM 1.4 focus pulse.

profile.country.GB.title
AndyJazz
Explorer

35mm GM 1.4 focus pulse.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

When acquiring focus in AFC, the lens quickly pulses once whilst obtaining focus.. I have the 85mm 1.8 and this doesn't pulse at all.

I have seen complaints about the 24mm GM having the same issue, but nothing about the 35mm.

Any input would be apreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi AndyJazz, which camera are you using?

profile.country.GB.title
AndyJazz
Explorer

Hi Hannah, I have the A73. I recently tried the Sony 35mm 2.8 and that does the same thing.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Try removing the batteries for two minutes, and initialize. Try as much as you can to try different setups to eliminate the fault as well

profile.country.GB.title
AndyJazz
Explorer

Thanks for your reply Hannah and trying to help.

I did try those things, but no difference . Do you have this lens? Maybe if you don't mind , I will try and video the issue. Or maybe it's not an issue. The EVF/Screen slightly flickers as it focuses as well as the quick single pulse.

I know this makes me sound like a moaner, I'm not sure if it performs as well as it should when shooting backlit subjects. People raved about how well the control on flare and ghosting are, this copy isn't very good at all.

Cheers

Andy

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey AndyJazz, I don't have this lens no, but since you're not sure I would say contact Sony directly specially if you're still within the warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
AndyJazz
Explorer

Hi Hannah,

Just thought I'd let you know. I tried another brand new 35mm GM today, and it does the exact same thing. So I guess it's how the lens works. Slightly annoying as the 85mm 1.8 doesn't do this .

Thanks for your help anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey AndyJazz, I appreciate you posting this honestly. Best of luck.