Join now - be part of our community!

A55v distortion and blur

profile.country.GB.title
andymcc01
Explorer

A55v distortion and blur

Hi,

I have had my a55v for some years now. Out the other day shooting in 10fps mode when I noticed a blur/smudge across the top of photo. As I continued the blur became worse, moving down the photo, covering about 1/3. I did all the obvious things, light leak, memory stick, changed lens etc. Cleaned everything with little change. This happened in all modes and settings. However, two days later the problem has all but gone.

Any ideas, is there anything I can do to cure this.

Many thanks

ADMBlur distortion 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @andymcc01,

I checked this for you with one of our product experts, who told me he had never come across this before and recommends that you get in touch with Support so they can assist you with this one.  You can find details on how to get in touch via phone or email here: http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Cheers,

C

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello ,

would you mind uploading some of the other images with the same issue?

Maybe it helps to identify what causes it.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
andymcc01
Explorer

As requested, a few more shots. The problem is always to the left and top, and as you can see, varies in severity, even on a burst of shots. Sometimes there is no distotion at all. There is now also occasional ghosting to the same area. Which you can see here (ball in third image).

Many thanks for you interest, just to know what is happening will be a step forward.

Regards

ADM

DSC07899.JPG.

DSC07771.JPGDSC07853.JPG

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Thank you for uploading additional images.

I too see the "ghosting" effect on the objects in the affected area of the last two images (building and football).

The effect on the first image is completly different (like something inside the camera (probably behind the mirror) blocks the sensor.

Have you tried (not sure if it is possible on this camera) to shoot an image without a lens attached to see the integrity of the moving parts (mirror, shutter)?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
andymcc01
Explorer

Hi all,

I should pont out that the a55 is an SLT. I have, of course, carried out a clean by releasing the mirror and using a blower on sensor. Both mirror and sensor look ok.

I have tested without lens, with mirror in place and up. Same result. See image.

I do get this problem in all modes, however, it seems to be worse in rapid shot. If I have not used camera for a day and then take one shot or a burst the problem is either not there or hardly visible. It gets worse the more photo`s I take. Having said that, it is now most of the time. I will try some shots in RAW later.

Although the problem differs in each photo, even on 10fps, it is basically the same smudge.

I can only think this is a sensor issue. 

Many thanks

ADM

DSC08132.JPG