Join now - be part of our community!

A57 water prrofing

profile.country.en_GB.title
cooke69
Explorer

A57 water prrofing

Hi

I have had the A57 for a year now and loving it, I really want to take some underwater shots but I cant afford something thats £1000, the only thing i have seen is a DiCap waterproof bag but its not really designed well for long water exposure.

I want to see if anyone knows of anything?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Underwater photography has always amazed me purely for the fact it is rare to see photos let alone from"everyday" users.

The biggest concern I have with any sort of casing is the cost of it. Not saying cheap cases are poor but it always feels like one of those "Too good to be true" situations. Yes as you mentioned, there are products out there which are what I would say is affordable but the tradeoff is you are limited to short exposures so longer/deeper sessions are still off the cards.

Saying that, if you want to go for the longer and deeper sessions, it would be wise to invest into something more suited for the job. It's not really the time spent underwater but the pressure the deeper you go so soft cases would just wrap themselves around the body and if you go too deep, could break the lens elements which is why its recommended to go for a hardcase setup. Same again, if you go too deep, you will need to consider some sort of setup where you have the ability to have a flash available to use as long exposures will be difficult. The downside is that they are not cheap.

How deep were you planning to go? Will see what I can find either way. 🙂

cooke69
Explorer

Hey Watashiwateshd

Cheers for coming back to me, I agree with the harder case it is bringing safer then the other type.

Depth wise it will mainly be snorkelling so diving down 1 to 2 meters max

Thanks
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Those depths you should be fine to use a soft case setup. I reckon it would be best to get in touch with the company direct to see what they would suggest.

I would try and just use a standard kit lens if you have one since they are usually designed around certain lenses.

Be interesting to see some results if you do manage to do it. Be very cool to see.