Join now - be part of our community!

A6300 Video output

profile.country.GB.title
gordontarling
Explorer

A6300 Video output

Hi,

I'm wanting to buy a camera for remote operation and the A6300 is the most likely candidate at the moment.  Can anyone confirm that video out is available in all the stills shooting modes?  I've recently bought an action camera which only give video output when recording video and I don't want to get bitten twice.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @gordontarling,

@gordontarling  schrieb:

I've recently bought an action camera which only give video output when recording video and I don't want to get bitten twice.

which action camera did you buy? To me it doesn't sound like it is a Sony one, since they can output video, even if photo or interval mode.

@gordontarling  schrieb:

Can anyone confirm that video out is available in all the stills shooting modes?

All the Sony still image cameras I own output HDMI constantly - so I am certain the a6300 does it as well.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
gordontarling
Explorer

Nic - The action camera was a Gitup F1, chosen because it's lightweight and compact for use on my drone.

That's good to know about the video output on the Sony cameras - do you know if the display blanks when a picture is taken?

Thanks!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @gordontarling,

@gordontarling@  wrote:

Nic - The action camera was a Gitup F1, chosen because it's lightweight and compact for use on my drone. 

I see - I personally only use Sony Action Cams due to their superior image sensors and inbuild video stabilization.

@gordontarling  schrieb:

That's good to know about the video output on the Sony cameras - do you know if the display blanks when a picture is taken? 

@r_a_n_i owns the a6000 and @darkframe owns the a6500, so they can probably tell you how their HDMI-output behaves upon initiating an image capture.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
gordontarling
Explorer

Nic - Thanks a lot for your help.  I'll look into Sony action cams and will eventually buy the A6500 from a retailer who will let you return goods if not suitable.  I'm building a drone that is capable of lifting the A6500, so that will eventually be what I'll normally use.

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @gordontarling,

well, as Nic said I'm possessing an a6500 but haven't tried the HDMI connection yet so can't say whether the video output stays active while shooting pictures.

Well, if I do find the time I'll give it a try whithin the next days, using an HDMI connection to my TV.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
gordontarling
Explorer

Hi darkframe,

Thanks, anything you discover wwill be most useful.

Gordon

profile.country.DE.title
r_a_n_i
Expert

HI @gordontarling

But you will need an additional HDMI Output recorder to capture the VIdeo from the Camera. 

When you connect the Camera over HDMI to a TV, you will see the same picture like on the camera.

At least this is what I can see on my A6000. And I think you should go for a camera which can deliver 4k HDMI Output, for the best picture quality.

Cheers

r_a_n_i

profile.country.GB.title
gordontarling
Explorer

r_a_n_i  Thanks for that.  I don't need to output the video feed to a TV or monitor, but to a video transmitter so that I can aim and shoot remotely.  4K recorded video is nice to have, but I certainly don't need 4K live output, as the video feed won't cope with that.  Thanks again!

Gordon