Join now - be part of our community!

A65: why can timer not be combined with shooting modes?

JackieDe
New

A65: why can timer not be combined with shooting modes?

Hi,

I just got myself a new A65, and one of the biggest flaws I instantly noticed is the fact that obviously, you cannot select a timer (like 2 or 10 sewconds) in combination with any other picture mode, especially bracketing or HDR-sooting (which always shoots several images, and which could profit a lot from a self timer).

This is a catastrophal design flaw in my opinion, any other camera I have had so far has the timer in a different menu, so that it can be easily combined with all shooting modes.

Will Sony ever fix this? Has this ever been addressed? For me, tht flaw is so essential that I will probably have to return the camera if I cannot find a way to get around that limitation 😞

Or am I operating the camera wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Bieomax

I don't have the 65 but I'll give it ago on the 57 and see if it's the same, what mode are you shooting in? I'm guessing your shooting in jpeg too with using the. Hdr functions
profile.country.de_DE.title
Superberti
Explorer

In my opinion this problem is not a design flaw (we could see the same ***** on the NEX-series) but more a marketing decision.

Sony doesn't care about user complains regarding this "feature" since a long time. I'm sure it is just a small step to change this behaviour in firmware but Sony doesn't seem to address this in the consumer and prosumer series. I don't know why this should be a "professional" feature as other brands offer this since years.

For me Sony is out of business as long as they cripple their firmware in that way.