Join now - be part of our community!

A7 direcrtly full press shutter lag and dial direction questions

everybodyisone
Explorer

A7 direcrtly full press shutter lag and dial direction questions

I have two question about sony ilce-7 camera.

The camera when I directly full press the shutter button, means not stopping for half press, has some significant lag. I use in M mode focus set to manual everything set to manual so I don't need the half press. When I stooped at half stage even I shouldn't and then I press full the shutter there is no lag. But when I directly full press quickly it has that serious lag. Weird. Annoying. Is it something I don't know or should set something or it work like this and I should accept it or maybe it is some software thing and I could hope an update which fix this. 

When I use it in A mode the front dial change aperture parameters with a certain direction. When I use in P mode the front dial also working as an opportunity to use aperture priority and it is a cool feature but the front dial working opposite direction then in the A mode which is very very confusing,. I couldn't find where to set the dial direction but maybe somebody can help me. Or I also should hope for an update for this.

I posted this to dpreview but nobody said anything about that. The shutter lag thing is my main problem so I would really appreaciate if anybody could say anything.

Thanks,

András

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Hi Andras,

You already sent me this through PM, hopefully you've read my answer. :wink: