Join now - be part of our community!

A7 IV Freezing/Locking up?

profile.country.GB.title
Pupski1
New

A7 IV Freezing/Locking up?

Since receiving my A7 IV just over a month ago I have been experiencing weird and random locking up/Freezing issues.

Whilst focusing the camera will just stop doing anything, to the point that I have to remove the battery in order for it to reset itself, also I have found when turning the camera off that it doesn't actually switch off but remains on no matter if the switch is in the off or on position. 

Lens used are Tokina 85mm 1.8 and Tamron 70-180 2.8

Any advice would be a appreciated as this is my first experience in the mirrorless market

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Pupski1, try resetting the settings to its factory settings by following this.

Hope this works!

I have the same problem and it happened twice now. Not sure what exactly the problem is. Reset settings I don't think solving the problems.

Can sony support look into this 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Murthyk256, if you tried all the steps then it's time to send it for inspection, this is a user based community tho, if you want to contact Sony use this link:

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=televisions-projectors1

Nubooo
New

Evening 

I have this same problem, I've been using the camera for video since it arrived early December, this week I used it for photo for 4 hours, in that 4 hours it crashed twice and I had to remove the battery, first time I had the Sony 35 1.8 attached and then the ziess 55, also had a godox v860iii attached, I can't shoot like this especially as wedding season is here so I'm thinking of sending it for repair but I have a feeling they won't be able to replicate the issue and will say its nothing 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ Nubooo, have you tried resetting the camera?

profile.country.GB.title
Pupski1
New

I have reset mine twice now and it still randomly locks up

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ Pupski1 does the issue happen with other lenses?

profile.country.GB.title
Pupski1
New

Yes, happens with all 3 lenses I have

28-70 Sony Kit Lens

Tamron 70-180

And my 85mm Samyang

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ Pupski1, it's the camera then,

You can contact Sony Central Service to arrange an inspection by email at scs@sony.com or call 01656 86734