Join now - be part of our community!

A77 with Vario-Sonnar 16-80mm

profile.country.GB.title
photogenius_uk
New

A77 with Vario-Sonnar 16-80mm

I've got an auto/manual-focus problem with this setup. This is tha only digital camera and lens I have (and have ever had!) and  it has produced some lovely results with quite a few pix winning or scoring highly in club competitions.

Bought by the original owner from a London dealer late 2012 and I bought from her in March 2013 since date I have only produced close to 2000 fames so for something to have gone wrong with this workload seems very surprising and worrying especially at the price I paid to obtain Sony and Zeiss quality.

The focussing range is reduced to nil to about 10% of its usual and manual focussing movement of the lens is almost non-existent.

In addition the camera sometimes switches on OK but the shutter will not fire.

Would feel let down by build-quality if this results in expensive repair!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.SE.title
roolsso70
New

I have the same problem with my lens. I have talked with the company in Sweden that performs service. They told me that this a problem that is known on the older lenses. The first years these lenses was produced some of the slides and bushings was made of a plastic material. And when they wear down manual focus stops working. And my lens is one of the older and they had no spare parts for it. The lenses that where produced later have totally redesigned mechanics that don’t wear down in the same way. It is possible to get the whole mechanism exchanged but I felt that it was too expensive for me.

Regards

/Roland