Join now - be part of our community!

A7III double exposure

profile.country.US.title
ivophotos
New

A7III double exposure

Why is there no multiple/double exposure feature on the Sony A7iii? Fuji, Nikon and Canon can do it. Please add this as a firmware update. I'm considering leaving Sony due to lack of multiple exposure support 😞

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.GB.title
rboverton
Explorer

Me too.  As soon as Canon fixes their 24-240 lens, I'm changing to their new EOS R.  Sony took away the apps that allowed me to be more artistic in my photography choices.  Nikon, Canon and Fuji have all recognized that there is a large enough segment of the population that wants in-camera merge that they have responded to it.

Sad.  Sony led the way in mirrorless tech but they aren't paying attention to the consumer trends.  People who want full frame cameras are a shrinking audience.  You'd think they would want to include the artistic segment who still want and need the full cameras. They are positioning themselves to lose business in their DSLR category.  It's a wonderful product but it's lacking.

profile.country.GB.title
janbeesley
Explorer

It's such a shame as I love my Sony and have always fought their corner agains the Nikon/Canon brigade, but you are right, they are seriously missing a trick here and are going to lose their market lead.
I really don't undertsand why they don't incorporate ME in their offering .... would anyone from Sony like to comment??  

profile.country.GB.title
rboverton
Explorer

I'd like to hear from Sony too. I have two friends who have purchased the
Canon EOS R. They sold their Sony A7iii and A7Riii on eBay. Not good for
Sony and those are two people I know. They can't be the only ones.

We need a firmware update NOW.
--

profile.country.GB.title
tj38_photos
New

There are other cameras do this - but then you pay for slower autofocus. I personally haven't seen this successful in Canon. And with a higher fps - you wouldn't necessarily need it...

Don't expect Sony to follow the crowd. They are causing the stir in the industry... 

I am moving from Canon to sony…. just saving up for the lens changes....

I would like to see a double exposure feature added as well. 

profile.country.GB.title
Romawedart
New

Is there any news? Will we finally get simple feauture that every other systems even dslr systems have? I was totally crushed when i found out that there is bo multiple exposutes in camera when i upgraded from.canon 😔😔😔

profile.country.GB.title
mummabee
Explorer

It seems like Sony are determined not to listen.  They clearly don't value creative photographers.  Such a shame, I really don't want to change systems but it looks like I may have no choice

sankanow
New

Will Sony be adding a firmware update for double exposure in the Sony A7iii. I'm really thinking about transferring over to Nikon or Fuji if this doesn't happen. I know you can do it in Photoshop but I would love to be do it in camera. 

CPR_50
New

When will Sony add double exposure to the A7RIII. Photoshop will not do this as well as in camera plus the time it takes. Sony needs to get up to speed on this issue. Any news on their intentions?

profile.country.GB.title
rboverton
Explorer

I sold all my Sony and switched to Canon. Haven't looked back -so creative
and fun.
--
www.roxanneoverton.com