Join now - be part of our community!

A7s, OSX Yosemite 10.10.3, Firmware update ( Not working)

andrewusher
Explorer

A7s, OSX Yosemite 10.10.3, Firmware update ( Not working)

So just received yesterday the sony A7s, seems ver nice. Cant seem to register for cash back as gives invalid serial, despite allowing me to register the product and it being form authorised retailer. Not sure whats going on there, but they bigger issue is updating firmware.

Trying to update firmware just gives a no connection message, in fact none of our Mac Pro's, Macbook Pro's, Airs etc will see the A7s when plugged in via USB. Have tried all the different modes for connecting to no avail.

Doesn anyone have a work around for this as its driving me nuts. The only camera we have that doesnt seem to hook up to our macs and we have a lot of different brands etc.

Cheers,

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried to set your camera to mass storage mode?

Heard that this should help.

Cheers

PD

andrewusher
Explorer

Yeah,
Tried everything, different micro USB cabled etc.
None of the macs pick it up, shows in hardware as a Sony USB Device and thats it.
Not sure if i have a dud camera or not, but not good start.

[Edited by moderator to exclude personal details]

CONFIDENTIALITY. Please note that all information contained within this email including any attachments are for the purpose of the named recipient(s)only. If you are not the recipient then please notify us at andrewusher.com and delete any copies of this email. This email has not to be duplicated or used by any other parties than the intended recipient(s).