Join now - be part of our community!

A99II System Error

profile.country.GB.title
TimVasvi
New

A99II System Error

On Wednesday I was shooting an event when I got a "System Error" message on screen and the camera locked up. Turning the Power off had no effect, but pulling the battery and re-inserting it got the camera back up and running. 

It happened again that night, both times I noticed similarities in the build up. I was shooting a wedding ceremony so a lot of shots were being taken, many of which in bursts. Both times, I had reviewed an image and then gone to try and shoot again when it locked up. 

It happened for the first time about an hour or so into the ceremony, just before we broke for the meal. The camera was rested during the meal. The second time it happened was about an hour or so after the meal. 

So far I have not been able to replicate this error at home. However I am shooting another event on Monday which will be similar circumstances so I will see if I can replicate it in the field then. I know of one other photographer to has seen this error too, and under similar circumstances.

I believe it is likely to be a software bug in the firmware that can be ironed out. Has anyone else had this error?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
amysuebrantastic
New

I also had this happen to me this morning during a family session. As well had to remove the battery and then re-insert. This would be terrible to have happen during a wedding !! Have you found anything else about it yet?

profile.country.GB.title
TimVasvi
New

I haven't found out anything about it as such, but it did happen to me again during another event under similar circumstances not long after I made the original post.

Still no idea why it happened, but it's not happened to me since the second occurance as far as I remember. 

Did it happen to you after reviewing an image and trying to shoot again? Just trying to see if there's a specific trigger.

profile.country.GB.title
amysuebrantastic
New

I've had the camera since Feb & this is the first occurrence.. I was shooting in single frames and I had paused for a second to talk to my subject and when I looked back to the camera I had the error. At first I thought it was potentially the temperature as it was very cold here this morning but I've had it out in colder weather with no issues.

Does anyone from Sony see these messages ? I will continue to look around regarding this as well and I will definitely let you know. Please do the same if you don't mind... I have two more family sessions tomorrow so we'll see if it happens again. I'm more concerned with weddings & missing important moments.. freaking me right out !

Thank you !

Amy Sue Brant 

[Edited by moderator to remove personal details]

Sent from my iPhone