Join now - be part of our community!

Alpha 850DSLR & Karl Zeiss f2.8 lense

coshell
Explorer

Alpha 850DSLR & Karl Zeiss f2.8 lense

Has anyone had a compatability problem with the Alpha 850DSLR and Karl Zeiss F2.8 lense.

When I first purchased them (just over 12 months ago) they worked well together, then last November the camera suddenly could see the lense.

I sent the camera to the repair centre and paid the £117.00 charge.  They fixed the problem and they started to work with one another again.  I was given a 90 day repair warranty.

Suddenly and without any warning the camera has decided to not recognise the lense again !!

I contacted the repair centre to arrange to get the camera looked at again - and was told because I was 10 days outside the repair warranty I would have to pay the £117.00 repair fee again.

I have had communications with Sony regarding this, and the best they could offer was 10% discount on the repair fee !!!

I contacted trading standards as no-one within Sony was willing to discuss this issue at a higher level than the call centre operative.  They suggested that I write to Sony - which I did, and have still had no response to my letter or emails.

Has anyone else had disappointing comunications with Sony?  There doesn't seem to be a complaints department - only a feedback department, and no telephone number to discuss this matter with.

This kit has cost me over £3000, and I don't particularly want to swap over to Canon or Nikon, but the service I'm receiving at the moment from Sony is disappointing to say the least.

Sorry for the essay !!

Cheer

Corrie

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dvdbob

I see that there is another thread where owners have had the same problem

but are satisfied with the repair.    Try sending them an email

coshell
Explorer

I've tried filling in their feedback form online, I've even emailed the contact I had - still no reply !!!

I think another call to Trading Standards or even Watchdog will be on the cards !

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi coshell,

Can you please let me know if you've had a reply from Sony support?

Thanks.