Join now - be part of our community!

Can anyone offer advice for Sony NEX 5 settings reset?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Shufflegirl
Visitor

Can anyone offer advice for Sony NEX 5 settings reset?

Hi there

I love my camera but regret to admit that I have not taken the proper time to learn all the features.

When I first started using it my photos were much better than they are now. I find it hard to get a great shot with a faded or blurred background now ( 1 year later) than when I first opened the box. I think I may have mistakenly altered my settings.

Can someone help me restore back to original settings?

I did see the option for soft reset, removing battery, turn on, hold shutter but I still seem to have the same issue.

I do plan to take an education session as the error is more than likely me and my lack of camera knowledge.

Might there be a Sony tutor on site this willing to help me?

Thank you,

Shufflegirl

Tags (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

HI Shufflegirl, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds as if the default camera settings are as they should be. 

The sort of thing you refer to is most often affected by the exposure mode you choose. Have a look at the options at Menu > Shoot Mode. Intelligent Auto isn't always the most intelligent choice... it will take the best possible picture for the conditions, but won't allow you to shoot for the specific effect you want. Experimenting with Manual Exposure and Aperture priority is a good place to start.

I'll certainly try to help if I can. Can you tell me which lens(es) you are using with your camera?

It would also be useful to see some examples of the photos you're referring to, both ones you're happy with and ones you've been disappointed by. When replying, click the camera icon in the toolbar above and you can upload them to the forum. Alternatively you could paste an URL to examples uploaded to Flickr, Picassa etc.

Cheers

Mick

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I personally wouldnt bother with courses. I rather just look for inspiration online and read up.I mean most of the information you will want is available online. POTN/Photography on the net is a massive place. Mostly Canon but they welcome others. Same with Flickr and Picassa.

Personally I find on a daily basis, Aperture priorty with a flexible focus point setting is what I prefer using. Makes it quick and easy to use. :slight_smile: From time to time, I post photography related topics and discussions up on my blog, feel free to get some ideas or pointers from there if you want.