Join now - be part of our community!

download problems Alpha A350

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bartiero
Visitor

download problems Alpha A350

I have an Alpha A350, I lost the usb cable so purchased another, when I connect the camera to the pc the pc can't see the camera and the camera screen says "initialising usb connection" but just stays locked at that. maybe its the wrong cable but I dont think so, anyone got any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi bartiero, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It would seem to point to your new cable being the problem, although more often this flags up a memory card compatibility issue.

Either way, you will save a lot of time troubleshooting the problem if you bypass the whole camera connection process completely, remove the memory card from the camera and use a cheap card reader instead.

Apart from resolving most card conflicts and speeding up the whole process, this has the added bonus of not draining your camera battery while you downoad your pics :cool:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi bartiero, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It would seem to point to your new cable being the problem, although more often this flags up a memory card compatibility issue.

Either way, you will save a lot of time troubleshooting the problem if you bypass the whole camera connection process completely, remove the memory card from the camera and use a cheap card reader instead.

Apart from resolving most card conflicts and speeding up the whole process, this has the added bonus of not draining your camera battery while you downoad your pics :cool:

Cheers

Mick

bartiero
Visitor

Thanks Mick your advice is much appreciated.

Mick2011
New

You're most welcome :cool: