Join now - be part of our community!

How can I make my computer "see" my A200 connected?

profile.country.en_GB.title
botzarelli
Visitor

How can I make my computer "see" my A200 connected?

I have just downloaded the SPU Download Manager 1006 to let me download the latest verson of PMB to upload photos from my A200 to my PC. However, when I run it, with the camera on and connected, an error message comes up to say that the supported product is not connected. Why can't the PC "see" the camera?

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi botzarelli, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I'm not sure of the cause of that – I'm assuming you've tried turning the camera off and on again while connected? – but it could be a firmware issue.

Many people get around issues like that by using a card reader istead of the camera to download images.

Well worth a try :wink:

Mick

becky_natalie
Visitor

hey what about you now?did your pc able to connect to your camera?

botzarelli
Visitor

Thanks - I've tried various permutations of switching the camera on and off again, plugging and unplugging the leads, giving them a wipe etc! I bought the camera a few years back and had had it successfully recognised by my old laptop which was running XP. New laptop running Windows 7, which wasn't around at the time the camera was last connected up to a PC so you're probably right about the firmware.

Managed to get hold of a card reader from Amazon for £1.87 including postage so will just use that instead.