Join now - be part of our community!

How can I prevent image review from auto-rotating images NEX-5N?

profile.country.en_GB.title
tesmond
Visitor

How can I prevent image review from auto-rotating images NEX-5N?

Hi,

I have never understood why some hand held devices with small screens auto-rotate images.  The devices themselves are designed to be rotated easily in the hand so auto image rotation simply reduces the size of the image to no real benefit. Auto-rotation should only take place on devices which are not portable and/or have large displays.

The NEX5-N auto-rotates the displayed images I have taken I would like to prevent the camera's image gallery from rotating the image I have taken so that I can view the image across the whole width of the camera's LCD rather than having a tiny image with huge black borders at either side. Please can someone advise if it is possible to force the camera to display the image in the appropriate orientation to make full use of the screen width, or prevent photos from altering their x,y axis so that I do not have this problem in the first place?

Regards,

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

tesmond wrote:

The NEX5-N auto-rotates the displayed images I have taken I would like to prevent the camera's image gallery from rotating the image I have taken

Hi Andrew,

try the following..

Open the Menu & select > Setup > Playback Display & select Manual setting, hopefully that should prevent the image  orientation from changing..