Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable flash? - Sony a6000

t.romaniv
Explorer

How to disable flash? - Sony a6000

Hello.

Can anybody explain me of how to disable a flash in any of P/A/S/M modes?

My Sony a6000 camera says me that I can't disable flash in those modes. But, why?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

There is information on page 52 of the user manual regarding turning the flash off but I am not sure if this is the solution for the modes you mention.

You can set the flash mode.
1. MENU → (Camera Settings) → [Flash Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details Flash Off:
The flash does not operate.
Autoflash:
The flash works in dark environments or when shooting towards bright light.
Fill-flash (default setting):
The flash works every time you trigger the shutter.
timojk

I have the very same problem with my A6000. Doing underwater photography and obviously cannot manually push back the flash when I'm using manual mode with the uw-case. This is very inconvenient and planning to move away from Sony cameras if they cannot get the flash disabled from the menu in manual mode. Even Olymplus e-pm1 had this feature.

timojk

Dear "Nobody-in-particular"

Nope. The "Flash off" has been disabled from the menu in P/A/S/M modes - that is the problem!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

No you are not doing anything wrong & unfortuately, as you have already discovered, there is not 'currently' an option in the settings to disable the pop-up flash when shooting in either P/A/S/M modes..

The best we can do is make a suggestion to the Sony engineers & I have included your comments above as examples of why the current option of manually closing the pop up flash is an issue..

t.romaniv
Explorer

I think, this is realy stupid "feture" from Sony side... It makes me cry 😞

timojk

Unfortunatelly FW v2.0 does not solve this issue. Too bad!

timojk

Any news about enabling the "Flash-off" in P/A/S/M modes from MENU settings? MANUAL mode particularly - hello :slight_smile:

Cheers, timojk

t.romaniv
Explorer

Has anybody already resolved this issue?

timojk

Sony! It's time to solve this trivial issue which is causing the pain here! I cannot push the flash back while diving underwater with an uv-case.

Please enable disabling the flash at least in manual mode - otherwise I could not even call this manual mode.

Cheers,

+timo