Join now - be part of our community!

Importing Sony A7s3 video files - No support on Play Memories

Importing Sony A7s3 video files - No support on Play Memories

I have been using the Sony Play Memories App for years to import my footage, mainly video with some stills included. 
I note that on the Play Memories installation page there is no support for the new range of cameras.
"The following devices are not supported:
ILCE-1, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7C, ILCE-7M4, ZV-E10, ILME-FX3" .

Does anyone know will they be bringing support to those cameras?

What's the best Sony software to replace Play memories?
My preferred import workflow in Play Memories:
1)Import all files to the camera folder on the PC
2)Using Bridge - Rename all files ( sorting by date created ) which keeps the stills in the correct place.{ I shoot all my detail shots with stills so I want them in chronological order on my timeline in Premiere Pro. 
3) Import into Premiere Pro.  

*Technically Play memories still work but it doesn't show previews and is incredibly slow with the files off the A7siii, like 7 or 8 times slower than just using explorer to transfer the files. 

I never had to worry about bringing or not bringing XML files etc and would rather continue that workflow as opposed to just dragging files off the card from various folders in that structure.  

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

This is not exactly the answer to your questions.

Anyway.

Play Memories Home is unique in the fact that it is the only program offering unlimited cloud storage when you have logged in.

It is rather slow, I agree.

I'm using Picasa, good old Picasa, one of the latest versions published.

It imports, it sorts, it has face recognition which is really accurate and it is offline.

With a little searching you can even revive the display of picture location on the map.

For adding the exposure date I'm using Bulk Rename Utility.

I realize, this is far from your Adobe workflow.

Just want to share my own experience.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, Play Memories Home is no longer with us. It's been replaced with Imaging Edge: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-1-series/ilce-1/downloads