Join now - be part of our community!

Minolta Lenses

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Phantomjet41
Visitor

Minolta Lenses

I have bought a Nex-3D and also own a Minolta 505Si 35mm Camera with a Minolta AF 28-80mm lens and a Sigma 100-300mm. Could I use these lenses with my Nex-3 camera using the Sony mount adapter ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello there - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As long as you have the appropriate adapter ring, these lenses should work on your NEX camera. Bear in mind however that while the lenses may physically fit, certain functions like auto focus may not function correctly.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello there - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As long as you have the appropriate adapter ring, these lenses should work on your NEX camera. Bear in mind however that while the lenses may physically fit, certain functions like auto focus may not function correctly.

Thanks,

Simon

Phantomjet41
Visitor

Hi Simon

many thanks for that. I have now contacted my local Sony Centre in York who have kindly agreed to let me take my Nex camera and lenses to them and they will fit an adaptor to the camera with which to try the Minolta lenses. a possible bonus I understand after installing the latest firmware is that auto-focus may also now be supported, we will see. I will post the outcome on the forum when the excercise is complete.

Brian

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

That's great news - it never hurts to have the latest firmware installed.

Thanks,

Simon