Join now - be part of our community!

NP-FM500H infolithium battery life span question

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

NP-FM500H infolithium battery life span question

I can understand that any battery will have a life span and that life will ultimately be governed by the way they have been charged/discharged, but do these infolithium batteries have an approximate life span in years; irrespective of how they are used?

For example, if one is bought and not used for a while, will it become defective after a period of time or will it remain 'on hold' until charged for use. If so, about how long?

No problems, I'm just wondering.

Also is it possible to determine when one of these batteries was made? (I hear there are lots of fakes around.)

I wonder how long a battery could have been sat on a shelf before being bought. At £70 a shot, these are not cheap and I wonder what is a reasonable life. A battery on one of my cars lasted 9 years before failing, though that didn't tell me the time of day etc! 

22 REPLIES 22
Bieomax

aye i suppose the only option you have at the moment is the verticle grip with dual batteries installed if you wanted extented battery life.

Was the A7 only shipped with USB charging? or did it come with newer plug in the wall/USB port charger unit that's on their site ?
mariuswm

Yes a USB charger to plug into the wall.

profile.country.GB.title
SaturdayScience
Explorer

I'm not surprised, seems Sony are between a rock and a hard place.  If Sony spill the beans then any faker will have all they need to make even 'better' fakes. If they keep quiet then users get upset.:smileysad:

{btw I am a Sony user and no other connection with Sony}