Join now - be part of our community!

Pictures from my Sony A580, come from Kodak alot darker, is there an answer to my PC Settings ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
theshinyrock
Visitor

Pictures from my Sony A580, come from Kodak alot darker, is there an answer to my PC Settings ?

Hello,

After downloading from my A580, and preparing photo for developement by Kodak, i realise they come back alot darker then what i look at on my PC.

Especially in B/W, this is a problem, as they have really dark contrast compared to what i settle with.

I have looked at the colour settings on my monitor, and there doesnt seem to be anything set too out of the ordinary ??

Anyone have a cure, so what i see, is what Kodak develope ??? Or is it time to try another Developer ?

Thanks Alan.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is it just the brightness?  Is the colour balance OK?

The easiest answer is to open one of the pictures you have recently had printed on your screen and turn down the screen brightness until the screen matches the print.

If you leave the screen on that setting when preparing the next batch of photos and lighten the pictures in Photoshop (or whatever you use), the new pictures should print at the same brightness as the screen.

:wink: