Alan.Clapperton
New

REGISTERING new camera

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Alan.Clapperton 

your post does not contain any text besides the title.

Would you mind to elaborate on what exactly your post is about?

Which camera are you trying to register?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Sherlock77
Explorer

I am trying to register a DSC-WX350 which whilst it is for sale in the UK does not appear on the list of cameras. I live in France and bought it from Amazon.FR and logged on with the information in my box which was in English Sony.eu.

Absolutely no joy

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Sherlock77,

why did you sign up to the UK-community if you are located in france?

If you go trough: https://community.sony-europe.com/ you will be forwarded to the french Sony Community by selecting your countries flag.

Alternatively you can sign up via https://www.sony.fr/mysony .

Regarding the camera not being listed - it is the same for the German MySony site. 

I will forward this to support.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Sherlock77
Explorer

Very simple Nic. I bought the camera from Amazon France. In the packaging was a piece of paper which said Rgister upor new Product. The address was - www.sony.eu/mysony - I logged on a registered putting my french address. Then I went to register the product. Not listed.

I checked the UK site for products and it is sold in the UK.

I also found out from the community that the list is not complete!!

profile.country.GB.title
Sherlock77
Explorer

Nic ,

I also believe that you can link up your My sony sites?

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @Sherlock77,

@Sherlock77  schrieb:

I am trying to register a DSC-WX350 which whilst it is for sale in the UK does not appear on the list of cameras.

my advice: Log in using a different browser, no joke. I've just tested it. When logging in by means of Firefox the DSC-WX350 does not appear in the list but when logging in using Edge (Microsoft's browser in Win 10) the very same camera is shown in the list when typing DSC-WX3

I've seen that behaviour earlier but only with the latest version of Firefox. Google's Chrome browser should work as well.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)