Join now - be part of our community!

shoot without lens

SOLVED
rob478
New

shoot without lens

i own a sony a 500 and have purchased a lens that the camera ill not regonise. so i have looked and people have suggested to use a shoot with out lense setting can i set this on my camera 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Bieomax

Hi Rob, I'm struggling to find any documentation showing if this camera has it, the Sony A500 manual on the website doesnt seem to show an option on the published menu's. but looking on Dyxum.com for the camera spec's it's down as been able to use lenses without chips in the M (manual) mode of shooting. i would take a few minutes and look through the settings menu (menu button) of the camera and see if there is an option with something like 'release w/o lens' or something like that. I've just got a A500 which needs repairing so if i get it working anytime soon i'll have a play as i use a few manual m42 mount lenses on my Sony & Minolta Af camera's what lens have you got ? do you know which camera mount its for ? Hope that helps Mark,

View solution in original post

profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Yes you are right. Not all the earlier models had this option so needed to be bypassed by using various program modes such as Av or M.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bieomax

Hi Rob, I'm struggling to find any documentation showing if this camera has it, the Sony A500 manual on the website doesnt seem to show an option on the published menu's. but looking on Dyxum.com for the camera spec's it's down as been able to use lenses without chips in the M (manual) mode of shooting. i would take a few minutes and look through the settings menu (menu button) of the camera and see if there is an option with something like 'release w/o lens' or something like that. I've just got a A500 which needs repairing so if i get it working anytime soon i'll have a play as i use a few manual m42 mount lenses on my Sony & Minolta Af camera's what lens have you got ? do you know which camera mount its for ? Hope that helps Mark,
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Yes you are right. Not all the earlier models had this option so needed to be bypassed by using various program modes such as Av or M.