Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a6000 support not available in my country.

profile.country.LV.title
GuntarsK
Explorer

Sony a6000 support not available in my country.

Hi everyone,

I am disappointed with Sony a6000 camera support. I was looking for camera which supports WiFi to fast transfer pictures from camera to PC. WiFi is working very slow, many times slower than if camera is connected to PC with wire.

In camera interface is possible to upgrade some apps, but I need to register to sony.net/pmca, but my country is not from available country list.

I bought camera from official Sony retailer in my country, so I thought it will be fully supported from Sony side. It was offline retailer, so I can't give back camera in 14 days, if I am not satisfied.

If I would know this situation, I would probably looked for another brand, which supports its cameras in my country.

Best regards,

Guntars.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @GuntarsK,

GuntarsK schrieb:

WiFi is working very slow, many times slower than if camera is connected to PC with wire.

that is not surprising - USB 3.0 can transfer 300MB/s, while the inbuild WiFi of the camera is probably not faster than 300Mbit/s (37.5MB/s). Well even USB 2.0 can transfer up to 40MB/s.

GuntarsK schrieb:

but my country is not from available country list.

It is not? Which country are you trying to register?

GuntarsK schrieb:

It was offline retailer, so I can't give back camera in 14 days, if I am not satisfied.

Depending on how accommodating the retailer is, you probably can return it for 14, 30 or even more days.

- Nic

profile.country.LV.title
GuntarsK
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Thanks for reply,

I bought this camera in Latvia, Riga from Elkor, which is listed in Sony homepage as one of official retailers.

I wonder why Latvia is not in that country list, where Sony supports sony.net/pmca, because we have Euro currency and understand English. Nearest country where Sony supports it is Finland, where also is euro currency and they also understand English.

Is there so big difference between this two countries for sony.net/pmca?

Before this camera I had Canon Ixus 115, which was OK, but I wanted something better and with WiFi option, with no need to connect camera to PC via wire, when need to transfer pictures.

Now I have better camera, but with not fully supported WiFi option. Sometimes it works, sometimes lags. and it does not send new pictures via WiFi automatically.

Best regards,

Guntars.