Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7 unable to transfer wireless

SOLVED
mariuswm

Sony A7 unable to transfer wireless

My new Sony A7 camera is supposed to be able to transfer photos wireless to my Mac.

But the application from Sony is unable to find my camera after I connect it to USB. Despite OSX picking it up both as a memory device, and iPhoto as well. 

I have tried the different USB modes as well. But nothing works. It is simply unable to set it up.

Skjermbilde 2013-12-08 kl. 14.30.34.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Thalamus. wrote:
Hi Mariuswm,
Further update..
According to the link below the update should be released end of January 2014..

Further info can be found in this link - http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Mac/wai/us.html

Looks like the update has been released - Wireless Auto Import Ver.1.2 for Mac

Could you let us have some feedback once insalled please.?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mariuswm

Is nobody reading this forum?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mariuswm,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of PlayMemories Home for Mac.?

Latest version is available to download from A7 support site

Send.JPG

mariuswm

No I dont want to use Playmemories.

I use iPhoto to organize my photos.

I am using the Sony app called Wireless Auto Import that comes with the camera.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mariuswm,
My mistake regarding PlayMemories..
Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't forgotten you and to let you know I'm trying to get an answer from one of my Sony contacts, hopefully I can give you an answer soon..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mariuswm,

good & bad news..

Bad news is that the Wireless Auto Import for MAC software is not currently compatible with the ILCE-7..:smileyhappy:

However the good news is that Sony are aware & are working on a solution to make the Wireless Auto Import for MAC compatible with the ILCE-7/R..:smileythumbsup:

I do not have a definite date for this yet but have been told sometime around February, as I when I can find out more I'll try to remember to update this thread but feel free to remind me closer to the date..

Sorry it's not the answer you were probably looking for but at least you know you are not doing something wrong..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mariuswm,
Further update..
According to the link below the update should be released end of January 2014..

Further info can be found in this link - http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Mac/wai/us.html
mariuswm

Thanks, you got this confirmed from Sonys programmers?

Im glad they are aware.

I just think it is very strange they included a program with the camera, that does not work with the camera.

The most logical thing would be to have this stuff working at launch. Not afterwards.

But january is not long to wait. But such a program could really make my workflow more effecient.

Thanks for checking up on it. I hope you post here when the update is ready. 

pierreg06
Explorer

@mariuswm is right.

I am not happy to lose time to try this function on my imac. Now I know i have to wait this update. We ar in janvier, I try to follow the link.

pierreg06
Explorer

always same version of the app and always same problem : A7 not detected with all usb mode tested.