Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a7iii - Multiple clicks when pressing shutter

profile.country.GR.title
diapsony
Explorer

Sony a7iii - Multiple clicks when pressing shutter

Hi,

I m having an issue when I press the shutter button once. Instead of that, I take multiple pictures (2 or 3) just like I use continuous shooting mode (which I don't) . 

No DRO on, no bracketing, I initialized my camera settings and still the problem continues.

A colleague of mine advised me to attach the speed light that I m using, activate and deactivate Rear sync (which I frequently use) and that seemed to solve the problem for a week. Then the problem appeared again.

I know it s weird, I searched every forum that exists and I cannot find any solution.

Any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @diapsony,

in which mode are you shooting?

If I recall correctly, in intelligent automatic the camera may shoot multiple images in bad lighting conditions to minimize grain.

- Nic

profile.country.GR.title
diapsony
Explorer

Single shooting mode, and nope.. it happens all day and night long

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @diapsony,

I still suspect it is a settings matter - have you reset the camera to get it back to factory settings?

- Nic

profile.country.GR.title
diapsony
Explorer

yes I have and it didn't solve the problem. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @diapsony,

could you record a short video (with sound) of the camera making this noise with a second camera/smartphone and upload it to YouTube as "not listet" and link it here?

- Nic

profile.country.GR.title
diapsony
Explorer

Nic I will do that as long as I reproduce the problem again. For some reason, I cannot do that the last two days. Thanks again