Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Alpha 7R - Bracketing Exposures

Bajanexile
Explorer

Sony Alpha 7R - Bracketing Exposures

Just got my Alpha 7R but the Manual supplied does not descibe how to Bracket Multiple Exposures. It is obvious that one can Under or Over Expose a Single Frame using the Exposure Compensation dial but how do you, for example, shoot three Frames in the Aperture Priority Mode at -2EV, 0EV and +2EV? Any help greatly received.

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
mactasticglider
New

Forgive me if things have changed, but are you refering to what can be found in 'drive mode' menu? Or shooting options?

I dont know if my menu is the same as I have a different camera (a57) but all my bracketing modes are in the 'drive menu' where the options of; 'Single Shooting', 'Continuous low/high', 'Remote Cmd', and  'Bracketed 3+/- EV, 5+/-EV... are found.   The Bracket feature in this menu will produce 3 shots. One shot of the current exposure you are on and another shot - exposure and another shot + the exposure. How much difference depends on the 'level of exposure change you choose.

Apologies if this sounds patronising or anything  because you obviously know what you are after. But that is where i found it on mine :slight_smile:

Bajanexile
Explorer

Thanks for your Reply. I have been a Canon System user since ~ 1982 and this is my first Sony camera. The Manual provided with the Alpha 7R is not really adequate, but searching on the Sony Support Website has provided me with the answer: MENU<Camera Settings<Drive Mode<Cont. Bracket<Select Bracketing Option 3Frames +/- 2EV. This is not explained in any way in the Paper Version which I have to say, is poorly written and assumes far too much knowledge. It would be very difficult to have worked this out. Thanks anyway. Steve