Join now - be part of our community!

Sony FX3/FX30

profile.country.UA.title
Pavel_V
Explorer

Sony FX3/FX30

Hello

Sony FX30. The box was sealed with a white seal with a company logo.
Purchased from an official seller.
Before I inserted the battery I saw this (https://youtube.com/watch?v=LFF9RuqgkLw)
I want to find out what kind of scratches are on the battery socket.
Maybe this is considered normal and there are explanations for this.
Maybe everyone has this in the FX3/30 battery socket.

What was supposed to scratch the metal like that and leave a trace of scratches? I have no idea.
I hope for the community.

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

🫣

but.. what are you looking for?!?

Actually I don’t see anything out of order.

What you see inside, on metal part are marks of bending machines, and some track of battery insertion.

profile.country.UA.title
Pavel_V
Explorer

Hello danardeng!

Thank you very much for your answer.
Your explanation seems technically sound.
But I didn’t calm down and asked the same question to Sony support.

The first version of the answer from support - "Tracks can appear with inserting the battery for first time into the camera"

Second version of the answer support - "It's not related to prolonged use. It's just marks left by the edges of metal parts sliding against each other"

And the universal answer is - "It is not a defect, it is not a scratch, and it is not a physical damage as long as it is not affecting the functionality of the camera"

P.S.

I think very few people would notice a scratched part on a new camera. Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to check another new cameras of the same model in the store.

Until Sony support gives me a technically competent answer, I will not leave my question alone. Someone made a mistake, I noticed and I want an explanation from the Sony factory. But it all seems to come down to the fact that I will be declared crazy with general censure for distracting people from work with my unimportant question about scratches. This scenario is also possible. Nothing surprising :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe you can notice something from this Video, from the minute 1:48:

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

You're probably more interested in filing a lawsuit against Sony than getting a real answer. I can't help you with this.
If you are interested in knowing whether the item you purchased is really new, check the number of shots taken by the shutter with a free tool. The rest are unreal things.
As if when buying a car you want to return it because the inside of the tires is not well polished. Absolutely irrelevant.

profile.country.UA.title
Pavel_V
Explorer

Hello All,

Another response from Sony support.

"The mentioned lines inside the battery compartment are markings of the battery, indicating that the battery is securely in place. As previously mentioned, this is normal behavior and how the camera and battery position are designed. There is nothing more to add."

Two people from Sony support
They answer me. For which I am very grateful to them.
Sony Europe B.V. ELITE SUPPORT TEAM - Khaled and Heba you are the best!
(there's sarcasm here)

I have many different versions of the answer from Sony support.
I ask them the same question - “Maybe scratches were left at the factory?” No one from Sony support answered my question. You can read the rest of their answers in this thread.
I'm sure there will be defenders of these support guys. It seems to me that after purchasing any product, you are only nominally included in the club of happy buyers. I can’t even get information from Sony support, either they are not competent or they are afraid to answer direct questions. I have already seen similar situations in Europe. There are more and more of them. Brands provide only nominal support for their customers after purchasing the product.

By finishing this thread, I hope that my experience will be useful to those users who nevertheless looked into the battery compartment of their camera. Better yet, never do this :slight_smile:

profile.country.UA.title
Pavel_V
Explorer

Thank you for expressing your opinion.
Perhaps your opinions will resonate with the reader.

I checked the first photos using the program exiftool - Read and write meta information in files (Phil Harvey)

Sony FX30
The number of shots will always be one.
This is probably the case with all Sony cinema cameras.
😉

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

I’m an user.

I don’t defend sony support becose I hate the way it work (actually it doesn’t).

But I find all this story really crazy.

You are looking for an information that can come only from the factory. Are you really wanting for licensed customers support eu is calling sony central europe that call in japan headquarter, that arrange a team call with production, that go in the line to analyse exactly when the internal structure has signed, and give the information back until you?

..sure..

profile.country.UA.title
Pavel_V
Explorer

Exactly!

1. Video call with me and the director of the Sony factory in Thailand! Let's call two more wonderful people - Khaled and Heba! Holding hands together, we will sing songs of praise to the directors of the glorious company!

2. Better yet, Sony will organize a tour of the factory for the two of us. Where the director will personally explain how the machine bends the part while scratching it.

3. Don't overplay danardeng.
😉

This topic is no longer continued.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

😅❤️