Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Nex 6 - NO CARD

profile.country.NL.title
robmw1

Sony Nex 6 - NO CARD

Hello,

My Sony Nex 6 display is constantly flashing the words NO CARD! So it is impossible to make pictures with it!

Had already issues regarding SD card reading problems and with that losing a lot of photo's made on it, so this was quite frustrating, but now it is a complete disaster that my camera can't read any cards anymore!

Whatever I try,  inserting other cards and using a solution written by rcjensen on April 2015  

under the line is this solution. But it didn't work.

here is the link to the thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/not-recognizing-sd-card-no-ca...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Not recognizing SD CARD (No Card)

You "might have" switched the camera on and then pushed the SD card in whilst the card slot was live.  You need to switch the camera off, prior to insertion, or withdrawal of SD car, or of the battery. 

Few things you might like to try :   

1) reformat the card to ordinary FAT [16bit], not to FAT32 

2) insert the card and and the fully charged battery in and switch the camera on.  Leave it switched on for 10 minutes.  If that doesn't cure the problem?

3) repeat the above procedure (as per item 2), but at the end of 10 minutes waiting time, pull the battery out, whilst the camera is switched on. Wait for 2 minutes, then switch the camera off. Then reinsert the battery and switch the camera back on.  The camera will go through the hard reset procedure and hopefully liven up the card slot in process. You might have to check and reset your menu as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a simple solution for this!?

Sending my camera to Sony to let repear it would be an expensive option (no warranty) and my camera isn't worth it.

So if there is no solution for my NO CARD problem, I have to throw my Nex 6 away and will never ever buy a Sony camera again. Never had this problem with other brand camera's I had before.

Thanks and regards,

Rob

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Rob

Card reading issues are either mechanical – the contacts in side the camera a dirty or damaged – or a firmware issue. Sadly if a reset doesn't work, it may need a trip to the workshop.

You could check your firmware is up to date; other than that I'm not sure there is anything else you can do.

:slight_frown:

Mick