Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Nex 6 or Song Nex 7

SOLVED

Sony Nex 6 or Song Nex 7

Hi guys! I need some information from Sony Pro's, I need myself a camera and I am confused wheather to get a Sony NEX 6 or Sony NEX 7. Can someone who owns these camera guide me. Thanking you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Kurutharan and welcome.

Have a look at the Technical Specification comparison here and look for the differences: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/comparison/nex7b.ceh/nex6b.ce

There are several little differences but the NEX-6 is a newer camera and has the latest phase-detection auto focus in addition to the Contrast AF. It also has a later flash-shoe and a higher ISO range. It also is available with a power zoom standard lens and WiFi connectivity.

The NEX-7 is an older model but still has an amazing spec. (I have a NEX-7 bought before the NEX-6 was released).  It has a 24.3 MP Sensor against the 16.1 MP of the NEX-6 and has it does have more true manual options available.  It also has 3D Sweep Panorama. It also has a light metal Magnesium Body (not absolutely sure about the NEX-6).

Check which specs suit you.  The NEX-7 has come down in price but it is still £250 more than the NEX-6. You should also consider if the NEX-7 may be replaced anytime soon - a possibility as it is now an older camera.

Would I have bought the NEX-6 if it had been available when I bought the NEX-7?  Considering the price difference and the updated features of the NEX-6, it is probably the sensible choice but, on a personal level, I would not swap the additional pixels and manual features of my NEX-7.

Your choice to make but they are BOTH brilliant cameras.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Kurutharan and welcome.

Have a look at the Technical Specification comparison here and look for the differences: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/comparison/nex7b.ceh/nex6b.ce

There are several little differences but the NEX-6 is a newer camera and has the latest phase-detection auto focus in addition to the Contrast AF. It also has a later flash-shoe and a higher ISO range. It also is available with a power zoom standard lens and WiFi connectivity.

The NEX-7 is an older model but still has an amazing spec. (I have a NEX-7 bought before the NEX-6 was released).  It has a 24.3 MP Sensor against the 16.1 MP of the NEX-6 and has it does have more true manual options available.  It also has 3D Sweep Panorama. It also has a light metal Magnesium Body (not absolutely sure about the NEX-6).

Check which specs suit you.  The NEX-7 has come down in price but it is still £250 more than the NEX-6. You should also consider if the NEX-7 may be replaced anytime soon - a possibility as it is now an older camera.

Would I have bought the NEX-6 if it had been available when I bought the NEX-7?  Considering the price difference and the updated features of the NEX-6, it is probably the sensible choice but, on a personal level, I would not swap the additional pixels and manual features of my NEX-7.

Your choice to make but they are BOTH brilliant cameras.

:thinking:

Thank you for your info, I really appreciate.