Join now - be part of our community!

transfer photos from Sony DSC-T50 to iPad

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
countryman69
New

transfer photos from Sony DSC-T50 to iPad

Can anyone please help me work out how i can transfer photo's from my DCS-T50 SteadyShot into an iPad1.  Trying the USB cable, iPad says that the device (ie the camera) is not supported.  Surely USB is USB is USB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi countryman69, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

USB does have universal standards, but some devices are fussy about their USB connections. iPad is very fussy about connections in general... you may have problems due to some USB card readers' power requirements with iPad, for example.

Having said that, if your camera isn't being recognised there's every chance the SD card would be recognised if you used an accessory USB card reader instead. Try a really cheap one, they seem to work best!

If this doesn't work, let me know and we can try troubleshooting the connection.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi countryman69, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

USB does have universal standards, but some devices are fussy about their USB connections. iPad is very fussy about connections in general... you may have problems due to some USB card readers' power requirements with iPad, for example.

Having said that, if your camera isn't being recognised there's every chance the SD card would be recognised if you used an accessory USB card reader instead. Try a really cheap one, they seem to work best!

If this doesn't work, let me know and we can try troubleshooting the connection.

Cheers

Mick

tripodzid
Visitor

Try transferring it first to your computer and from there, transfer it to your iPad. That is how I do it on my end and it works all the time.

Business is the game!!

countryman69
New

Thought I'd post up the solution here.  In the camera Menu, go to USB.  Change it from Auto to PictBridge.  Reconnect to the iPad and it will work.

Mick2011
New

Really useful information, thanks for updating us :cool:

Mick